Hobocollector.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hobocollector.com

Hobo Collector's Forum

2 posters

Forum Script

mrthe
    mrthe

Forum Script Empty Forum Script

Post  mrthe Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi ,this is a little technical suggestion, but i think important,maybe i think the best way to start,now that no are a lot of posts,is considere have a forum integrated in the same host of the web , for example,a script like SMF (simply machine forum )that is free and very use to install and integrate,is a good choise,forums free host are good to start but in the future maybe you can have problems ( no access to the database,too much advertising,etc).
    Best regards and thank you for this faboulous new project
    Chris Dempsey
    Chris Dempsey
    Admin

Forum Script Empty Re: Forum Script

Post  Chris Dempsey Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:44 pm

I agree that I would rather use something hosted on the site. I would still like to do that actually, but I don't have the knowledge (yet) to learn how to do it. My coding skills are limited at best. I can make great looking sites not because I code well, but because I am an ace with photoshop. I actually don't use any programs for coding. It's all done one line at a time, typed out line by line. Painstakingly slow, I know, but that's the only way I know how to do it.

I will check into SMF and see if it's something I can do. Or perhaps I'll just hire someone to figure it out for me, hehe. Appreciate the suggestion and I'll do my best to see if I can make it happen.

Chris
    mrthe
    mrthe

Post  mrthe Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:03 am

Ok thank you , let me know if you need help Wink

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:56 am